Indianapolis Public SchoolsWelcome Friends and Families!
As one of Indiana’s largest school districts, Indianapolis Public Schools is committed to academic excellence built through individualized, relationship-based learning. Our students are empowered to think critically, creatively and responsibly, to embrace diversity and pursue their dreams with purpose.
Parents in Touch Day
Hispanic Heritage Month
- Academic Options
- Blackboard Connect
- Bus Stop Lookup
- DOE Annual Performance Reports
- Indiana Gateway & Finance Dashboard
- Indoor Air Quality Procedure
- IPS Online Portal
- IPS Professional Development
- Join teamIPS
- Operating & Capital Referendum
- PowerSchool: Student/Parent Login
- School Year Calendars
- Staff Email
- Student Code of Conduct
Our Mission & Vision
IPS empowers and educates all students to think critically, creatively, and responsibly, to embrace diversity, and to pursue their dreams with purpose. We are a family of excellent public schools in which every student has the opportunity to succeed and the power to create their own future.
Latest District News
The Indianapolis Colts have been building playgrounds at local schools since 2008. On Monday, Sept. 16, nearly 200 volunteers — including Colts staff, football players, and a host of community partner volunteers — endured the soaring temperatures to build playground...
Indianapolis Public Schools requested support from IMPD yesterday at Shortridge High School due to an altercation that took place among students inside the building. The District has confirmed that following that altercation, there was an incident involving an IMPD...
School administrators from across the country will descend upon Indianapolis for the Association of Title IX Administrator’s (ATIXA’s) Title IX Certification Training conference, and Indianapolis Public Schools has been chosen as the host district. The three-day...
When the Indianapolis Public Schools Board of School Commissioners convene for its Agenda Review Session Tuesday, Aug. 27, and Board Action Session Thursday, Aug. 29, topics will include an update to the Innovation Network Schools pathways and a quarterly finance...
When the Indianapolis Public Schools Board of School Commissioners convened for its Agenda Review Session Tuesday, July 23 and Board Action Session Thursday, July 25, topics included updates on the IndyGo pilot expansion project, school leadership framework and a...
- Find Out Why Families are Choosing IPS at the 6th Annual Showcase of SchoolsJoin Indianapolis Public Schools for the 6th Annual Showcase of Schools! This year’s event is on a new date, at a new time, and in a new location! But it will still provide the features you love about the district’s largest school fair — and several new features —… Read more »
- The Indianapolis Colts Expand Legacy One Playground at a TimeSince 2008, the city’s NFL franchise team has been giving back to the community in a meaningful way. Colts players, staff and volunteers build playgrounds at local schools with each one meeting the specific needs of the student body. Read more »
- 40 Years of Guiding High School Students to Higher EducationPerhaps there is no better location than to hold the 40th Annual Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) College Fair at IPS’ historic Crispus Attucks High School. Both entities were born out of a need to expose African-American students to the best education possible. The first HBCUs were established… Read more »
- IFD Donates Training Tower to Arsenal Tech High School’s Fire and Rescue StudentsAt first sight, you’re not quite sure what to make of the large metal structure just west of George L. Lone Hall on the campus of Arsenal Tech High School. But it’s this large metal structure, technically called a Fire Drill Training Tower, that will provide opportunities for students… Read more »