Indianapolis Public SchoolsWelcome Friends and Families!
As one of Indiana’s largest school districts, Indianapolis Public Schools is committed to academic excellence built through individualized, relationship-based learning. Our students are empowered to think critically, creatively and responsibly, to embrace diversity and pursue their dreams with purpose.
IndyGo & IPS Pilot Program
- Academic Options
- Blackboard Connect
- Bus Stop Lookup
- DOE Annual Performance Reports
- Indiana Gateway & Finance Dashboard
- Indoor Air Quality Procedure
- IPS Online Portal
- IPS Professional Development
- Join teamIPS
- Operating & Capital Referendum
- PowerSchool: Student/Parent Login
- School Year Calendars
- Staff Email
- Student Code of Conduct
Our Mission & Vision
IPS empowers and educates all students to think critically, creatively, and responsibly, to embrace diversity, and to pursue their dreams with purpose. We are a family of excellent public schools in which every student has the opportunity to succeed and the power to create their own future.
Latest District News
When the Indianapolis Public Schools Board of School Commissioners convened for its Agenda Review Session Tuesday, July 23 and Board Action Session Thursday, July 25, topics included updates on the IndyGo pilot expansion project, school leadership framework and a...
Possible bus delays starting on Monday due to highway closures on I-465.
On Monday, August 5, IPS principals and staff greeted students at the front doors of their schools, interacted with scholars during breakfast and lunch, answered questions from parents and visited classrooms throughout the day. Some even wiped a few tears from the...
(July 25, 2019) — The Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) Board of School Commissioners voted to approve the superintendent contract for Aleesia Johnson officially making her the first African-American woman to lead the district. In the last six months, under Johnson’s...
The Indiana Department of Education announced the 2020 Indiana Teacher of the Year nominees and Ethan Hoffman, a teacher with Indianapolis Public Schools, is among the educators who made the list.
From the IPSNewsroom
- July 2019 Board HighlightsWhen the Indianapolis Public Schools Board of School Commissioners convened for its Agenda Review Session Tuesday, July 23 and Board Action Session Thursday, July 25, topics included updates on the IndyGo pilot expansion project, school leadership framework and a compensation update. What follows is a deeper look at some of… Read more »
- Possible Bus DelaysA major highway closure on I-465, on the city’s southeast side, started Friday, August 9, and will continue for the next two months. That closure, on top of other large-scale road construction projects and closures already in place throughout the city, could significantly impact our school buses. This may mean… Read more »
- IPS & IndyGo Pilot Program: Tips and Trainings for a Smooth RideIndianapolis Public Schools is offering programs and incentives to make riding IndyGo easy for students, and helping parents feel comfortable about the new way their students can navigate the city. Read more »
- Michael Elder’s Transition from IMPD to IPS is an inspirational, full-circle momentFor 32 years, Michael Elder worked for the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), starting out as a patrolman and rising to the rank of captain. He did everything from narcotics and vice squad to community policing. But he’d always dreamed of becoming a teacher. In fact, it was his original… Read more »