There are 30,000 reasons to choose Indianapolis Public Schools and we hope that you are ready to add to that list by joining the IPS family!
IPS is a leader in providing varied educational pathways for students of different ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and learning styles. Our goal is to ensure that each of our 30,000 students graduates on time prepared to become successfully enrolled in college, enlisted in the military or employed at a livable wage. Our students today are being equipped to become tomorrow's knowledgeable and thoughtfully engaged citizens and leaders in our community.
We help students achieve their educational and career goals by offering:
- 60 exciting choice, autonomy, innovation and traditional schools to meet every student’s academic needs.
- Rewarding K-8 school options as well as dedicated middle and high school programs for the 2017-2018 school year.
- A progressive English as a Second Language (ESL) curriculum in all IPS schools, and a new program (Newcomer) dedicated to educating students who are new to our country and assisting their families with access to important services and supports.
- A new STEM medical middle school.
- A groundbreaking IPS-to-Purdue University pipeline through the new Purdue Polytechnic High School, opening for the 2017-2018 school year.
- An International Baccalaureate High School (Shortridge) with academic ties to Butler University.
- A Career and Technology Center offering 13 career pathways for students interested in everything from the culinary arts to cosmetology, architecture, automotive and computer science.
As we say in the district: At IPS … It’s All Here!
Please also check out our Academic Program Companion Guide to learn more about the exciting opportunities coming to IPS!
IPS Diversity Statement
Indianapolis Public Schools is an equal employment opportunity school corporation which strives to deliver educational excellence, equitable access, and quality service to our students and families. IPS recognizes the educational and social value of human differences and their various forms. IPS is committed to an inclusive approach which affirms and embraces all aspects of diversity. We are strengthened by our unique knowledge, experiences, interests, hopes, challenges, cultures, traditions and families. We engage families as partners in education through trusting relationships built on culturally responsive two-way communication and mutual respect.
Recognizing our diversity, we are committed to equity in all of our work. We seek to allocate resources to eliminate discrimination and disparities. We strive to eliminate prejudice, bigotry, and intolerance and bridge gaps between and among our diverse students, families, staff and communities.
Our approach to diversity and commitment to fairness ensure that the students we serve are empowered to succeed in college, career, military and life.