- Transportation is determined by your home address.
- Your child can be picked up at their child care address if: a) your child care address is within the same boundary as your home address; and b) your child care address is within distance guidelines for transportation service.
- It is very important that students only use authorized bus stops. Bus drivers are not authorized to assign or change bus stops. Bus stop change requests should be directed to Transportation at 317.226.4000.
- Drivers are instructed to deliver the students to the same bus stop where they boarded the bus. Buses are only to stop at the authorized stops on designated routes. Principals have route lists for buses and can answer questions about the stops.
- IPS will not pick up a child from one location in the morning and drop him or her off at another in the evening. Pick up and drop off addresses must be the same.
- For those eligible, all bus stops shall be within .3 mile of a student’s home for elementary and middle school students and .7 mile for high school students.
- Children are classified as a walker if the following conditions are met:
- K-6 students less than 1 mile from their school.
- 7-8 students less than 1.25 miles from their school.
- 9-12 students less than 1.5 miles from their school.
- Transportation may be provided for students who live within the walking distance guidelines when physical barriers prevent safe passage to school (i.e. dangerous intersections or railroad crossings) or required because of a qualifying medical condition of the student.
- If a situation exists which impacts student safety, it should be reported to Transportation at 317.226.4000.
- Families already enrolled in IPS should receive bus route information by direct mail. If you have any questions, please call us at 317.226.4000.
Tier 1 Transportation Schedule
|Bell Time||School||Early Release|
|7:20-2:10||Arlington Middle School|
|Arsenal Technical High School|
|Crispus Attucks High School|
|George Washington High School|
|Harshman Middle School|
|Henry W. Longfellow Medical/STEM Middle School|
|Northwest Middle School|
|Positive Support Academy|
|7:20-2:55||Indiana School for the Blind|
|Indiana School for the Deaf|
|7:20-3:20||URBAN Act at Washington Irving||3rd Thursday a month|
|7:20-4:00||Ignite Achievement Academy at Elder Diggs||Wednesday 11:30 AM|
|7:30-2:20||Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School|
|7:35-2:10||Lew Wallace School 107||Wednesday 1:30 PM|
|7:35-2:15||Edison School of the Arts 47||Wednesday 1:30 PM|
|7:40-2:15||Meredith Nicholson School 96|
|Phalen Leadership Academy at George H. Fisher|
|SUPER School 19||Tuesday 1:50 PM|
|William Penn School 49|
|7:45-2:30||Kindezi Academy at Joyce Kilmer||Thursday 1:30 PM|
|7:50-1:30||McFarland (Homebound, Off-Campus Instruction, ROOTS)|
|8:20-4:20||KIPP Indy College Prep Middle School||Wednesday 3:20 PM|
|8:25-4:00||Global Preparatory Academy at Riverside||Thursday 12:45|
|9:00-4:00||Cold Spring School|
|Phalen Leadership Academy at Francis Scott Key|
|Shortridge High School|
|9:00-4:15||MatchBook at Wendell Phillips||Tuesday 1:15 PM|
|9:20-4:15||Sidener Academy for High Ability Students|
Tier 2 Transportation Schedule
|9:20-3:55||Anna Brochhausen School 88|
|Arlington Woods School 99|
|Brookside School 54|
|Carl Wilde School 79|
|Center for Inquiry School 2|
|Center for Inquiry School 27|
|Center for Inquiry School 70|
|Center for Inquiry School 84|
|Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105|
|Christian Park School 82|
|Clarence Farrington School 61|
|Daniel Webster School 46|
|Eleanor Skillen School 34|
|Eliza A. Blaker School 55|
|Ernie Pyle School 90|
|Floro Torrence School 83|
|Francis W. Parker School 56|
|George S. Buck School 94|
|George W. Julian School 57|
|George Washington Carver School 87|
|IPS/Butler University Laboratory School 60|
|James A. Garfield School 31|
|James Russell Lowell School 51|
|James Whitcomb Riley School 43|
|Jonathan Jennings School 109|
|Louis B. Russell Jr. School 48|
|Paul I. Miller School 114|
|Ralph Waldo Emerson School 58|
|Raymond F. Brandes School 65|
|Robert Lee Frost School 106|
|Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91|
|Sidener Academy for High Ability Students|
|Stephen Foster School 67|
|Theodore Potter School 74|
|William McKinley School 39|