We Are Stronger Together
The Board commissioners, Superintendent Aleesia Johnson, and district leadership invite you to invest in the success of all IPS students by providing your valuable input.
Please take a moment to:
Our Six District Priorities
During these meetings our six district priorities will be discussed.
- Student-Centered Teaching & Learning: Integrate SEL programs and align high-quality instructional, curricular and assessment resources.
- High-Performing Team: Recruit and retain talent by developing staff and holding them accountable for implementation of IPS’ shared vision of excellence.
- Racial Equity Mindset: Strengthen and expand racial equity work to eliminate opportunity gaps and build capacity for team members to persistently interrupt and address institutional bias.
- School-Centered Central Services: Design Central Services to transparently and effectively meet the needs of schools.
- Engaged Families, Team & Partners: Engage families, team members and the community in authentic and collaborative partnerships to improve student outcomes.
- Sustainable Finances and Operations: Strengthen and expand efforts to equitably and efficiently allocate resources across IPS schools.
Meeting Locations & Times
November 4: District 1
Arsenal Technical High School
1500 E. Michigan St.
Hosted by Commissioner Michael O’Connor
November 6: District 2
Arlington Middle School
4825 N. Arlington Ave.
Hosted by Commissioner Venita Moore
November 7: District 3
Shortridge High School
3401 N. Meridian St.
Hosted by Commissioner Evan Hawkins
November 8: District 4
George Washington High School
2215 W. Washington St.
Hosted by Commissioner Diane Arnold
November 13: District 5
Northwest Middle School
5525 W. 34th St.
Hosted by Commissioner Taria Slack
November 14: At-Large
Lew Wallace School 107
3307 Ashway Drive
Hosted by Commissioners
Susan Collins and Elizabeth Gore