Performing and Visual Arts Magnet
Edison School of the Arts promotes high academic success, critical thinking, discipline and artistic literacy. In addition to increased academic performance, our program focuses on an appreciation, comprehension and synthesis/performance ability that spans across both academics and the arts. Our School of the Arts, by default fosters self-discipline, self-esteem, cooperation and a desire for lifelong learning.
Through connections with the performing and visual arts, students can strengthen academic skills and improve school performance while enjoying a variety of enriching arts experiences. Lively, learner-centered activities are at the heart of the curriculum as teachers incorporate the creative arts into the process of the traditional teaching of reading, writing, math, science and social studies. A wide range of instruction in dance, theater, music and art is available, and enriching experiences in the arts are part of each child’s daily life at Edison School of the Arts, IPS #47.
- Guest Artists and Performers
- Field Trips to Arts Facilities
- Spring Musical
- Grade Level Showcases
- Seasonal Performances
- Community Service Performances
- Kids and Canvas Project
- Yearbook Design
- School Decorations
- Collaborative Concerts
- Ceiling Tile Paintings
- Portraits Silhouettes
- Morning Announcements
- Classical music playing all day throughout our building.
- Weekly Visual Art, Piano Keyboard, Dance, Theatre, and Vocal Music
- Third Graders begin to explore instrumental music by learning the fundamentals of the recorder and the violin
- Fourth and Fifth Graders have the option of band of auditioning for Beginning Band, Beginning Strings, Intermediate Band and Intermediate Strings
- Students have the opportunity to audition for performing groups that include
Advanced Visual Arts
Seasonal Choir Ensemble
Advanced Band and Strings