Choice schools attract students by offering unique educational experiences! The Center for Inquiry schools have a special inquiry-based curriculum, student-centered instructional practices, and International Baccalaureate programming.
Families apply for the Center for Inquiry program through the IPS Choice Options application process. Your home’s address determines to which CFI school your child is assigned. Please click here to access our PROXIMITY MAPS!
Prospective families are encouraged to learn more about what CFI has to offer your family by browsing our website and visiting our schools during our Friday tours. We are present at the IPS Choice Fair each fall and host informational meetings at our schools. We provide tours on the first and third Fridays of each month from October through April. Please see the IPS Choice site for dates and deadlines, and call the school’s office to reserve your place on the tour.
New CFI families receive an informational letter in the spring and are invited to the school’s Spring Fling. All incoming families receive an informational letter in late July. The CFI schools each host an Annual Back-to-School Ice Cream Social within a few days of the opening of school. On that evening, students and parents meet the teacher, pick up their handbook and opening packet of information, have the opportunity to pay their book rental, ask transportation questions, bring in any needed medications and immunization information, sign up to join the PTSA, and more!
We find that new families have many questions. There are several ways to find answers:
- Start by looking at our CFI Family Handbook which is full of important information.
- Check out the other CFI websites which serve to provide information about all four CFI Schools (School #2, School #27, School #70, and School #84) or browse IPS’s website by clicking here. (*NOTE: You can choose to apply to the CFI group of Schools 2, 27, and 84 and your assignment will be driven by your address. You can also apply to CFI 70 as it serves IPS students throughout the district.)
- Call your new CFI School or email your school’s principal:
- Center for Inquiry at School 2: Call 317-226-4202 or email Principal Andrea Hunley
- Center for Inquiry at School 27: Call 317-226-4227 or email Principal Brandi Herbert
- Center for Inquiry at School 70 : Call 317-226 -4270 or email Principal Christine Collier
- Center for Inquiry at School 84: Call 317-226-4284 or email Principal Kathleen Miller
IPS CHOICE PROGRAMMING
Please look for information about choice programming in the Indianapolis Public Schools, the robust range of choice school offerings in IPS, and the enrollment and choice application process.