STUDENT LIFEHealth and WellnessRaphael Health Clinic
Shortridge hosts a Raphael Health CLinic on campus for studenst to have access. Our clinic is staffed with a full-time nurse who oversees all areas of our medical care for our students. The Raphael Health Center is located two blocks away on 34th street where full service health care is available including dental, mental health and women's health.
Raphael Health Center staffs the Shortridge High School clinic with a school nurse during every school day and the school hours. The School nurse serves all students. Raphael also provides a Nurse Practitioner 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am for appointments. Students seen by the Nurse Practitioner must have signed consent and history forms. This is for care during the school day, if you choose to take advantage of this. An example could be diagnosing and treating an infection.Students must have appropriate forms on file these includeStaff, Programs and Initiatives
- There is a full time licensed nurse on staff
- There is a full time physical therapist on staff who attends all athletic events
- All staff are first aid and CPR certified
- There are AED machines located throughout the building
- We have a strong Health and Wellness Committee that is student led
- There are no soda/pop machines on campus, but we do have vending machines that sell healthy snacks and drinks
- In order to promote healthy food choices, fast food is not permitted on our campus
Shortridge retains student health records and additional documentation. If you child requires medication, either self-administered or administered by a nurse, please be sure to complete the appropriate forms and return it to our nurse's office.
- This Parent Letter from Raphael Health Center highlights the health servcies provided to Shortridge students and the Notice of Privacy provides infromation on how infromation is shared. The Health History Form and Consent Form must be on file at Shortridge.
- FAQs Regarding School Immunization Requirements
- Immunization Requirements
- Vaccine Medical Exemption Form
- HPV Letter from the Indiana State Department of Health
- Community Based Clinics offer immunizations and health screening Clinic Calendar (English)/ Clinic Calendar (Español)