And while there are a host of new options, the 6th Annual IPS Showcase of Schools will still offer the event’s most popular features.
Parking at Showcase of Schools
Admission to Showcase of Schools, which runs from 1–5 p.m., is free and open to the public. Attendees also will receive free food (via Bus Stop Café, the district food bus) and free parking. Free parking is only available in the Virginia Avenue garage (connected to Bankers Life Fieldhouse), but you must tell the parking attendant that you are going to the IPS event or you will be charged $20.
Mini Breakout Sessions
Throughout Showcase of Schools, there will be a variety of short informational sessions led by expert IPS staff and or community partners. These sessions will cover topics that will help parents (and students) successfully navigate their educational experiences and options.
Topics will include everything from Naviance to 21st Century Scholars, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA), internships and work-based learning options, and so much more!
Performances & Games
Enjoy student performances, raffles/giveaways, live music and more!
Interactive School Tables
Learning about the academic options at all IPS schools is easy. Each school table will offer interactive, hands-on experiences to help visitors understand the learning methods used to educate students throughout the district.
This year, Showcase of Schools passports will offer navigational paths for visitors to follow based on their student’s grade level. Passports will help parents make sound decisions about their child’s educational future.
Our New Location at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Why Choose IPS?
With multiple school choices throughout central Indiana, families have options when it comes to education. Many, however, are choosing Indianapolis Public Schools! As the largest school district in Indiana, IPS cares about the whole child.
- Academic Rigor through a variety of renowned learning methods at all grade levels, Advanced Placement (AP) classes, College- and Career-Themed Academies and pathways, career technical education and certifications, as well as dual college credits and high-ability programs.
- Extracurricular Activities via sports for students as young as kindergarten to a variety of clubs and community service options.
- Free, Nutritious Meals for breakfast and lunch, and even dinner at some schools. Lunch shaming doesn’t exist at IPS, where all meals throughout the school day are free — as well as during holiday breaks and inclement weather days.
- Comprehensive Unified Student Supports services, which help to level the playing field for students with learning and physical challenges. IPS also offers community-based life skills classrooms.
- World Languages for students who are interested in becoming multilingual, as well as English as a Second Language programming to help students new to the United States quickly acclimate to their new homeland.
And so much more!