Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year
This is your year: 2018-2019.We are very excited for the 2018-2019 school year. We are working to ensure a smooth transition for all students. This includes creating an ambassador program, college handbook, course selection guide, our athletic handbook, and much more.Shortridge Blue Book
The Shortridge Blue Book (student handbook) contains your supplies list, bell schedule and expectations. The Blue Book also contains forms that need to be completed by a parent/guardian at the start of the school year.
As well, we are excited as you progress one year closer to graduation. Our 'Level Up Guide' provides a list of tasks that should be completed before the school year starts each August. This guide has a section for every year level, as well as sections for athletics and service.
Below is a student planner that can be printed; the student planner indicates the A/B day rotation and school holidays. The IPS dress code is detailed below as well as a student and parent ManageBac guide on how to access our grade reporting system. Students will be entered into ManageBac over the summer and parents will be added using their email address once school begins. If you are interested in playing an athletic sport, we have published our athletic handbook that includes all of the forms you will need.
IPS also asks families seeking free or reduced educational benefits such as textbooks, to refer to the Educational Benefits Guidelines (Eng. version) (Spn. version). Once available we will place the Educational Benefits Form here to be downloaded and completed.Policies and Support
Below are specific documents to assist in a strong start to this school year. Managebac is our grade reporting system which is utilized by all teachers and is where assignments are posted, submitted and graded. Report cards are also posted through managebac; students are provided their username and password over the summer.
- Student Planner
- Code of Conduct
- Dress Code (English)
- Dress Code (Español)
- ManageBac Parent Guide
- ManageBac Student Guide
- Managebac online Parent Support
- ManageBac Student Support
- Managebac also provides screen shot for Parents and Students and DP Students
- This Parent Letter from Raphael Health Clinic highlights the health servcies provided to Shortridge students. The Health History Form, Consent Form, and Notice of Privacy must be on file.
- The Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act of 1987 (AHERA) requires our district to share our policies regarding pesticides and abestos. Linked is the distrcit's AHERA Notification and in Spanish AHERA Notification.
- Our College Handbook is a great resource for our juniors and seniors.
- If you are interested in having your child opt out of photos and oterh medaia related activities, pelase complete the Media Release Form and submit it to our office.
- Vaccinations and required immunizations list provides a list of the necessary shots by grade level.
- IPS Pesticide Policy and Procedures and IPS IAQ Procedure
- Modified meals may be requested for students with food allergies, intolerances, or other medically-necessary dietary needs such as texture modifications related to swallowing or chewing difficulties. English Meal Request Form and English Instructions Españo Formulario de solicitud de comida and Español Instrucciones
As you transition to next school year, please be sure to purchase the items required for each of your classes. The School Supplies List has a list of all of the items you will need to be successful. There is a special Art Supplies List you will want to download for your art classes.If your child is in our Life Skills program, please see our school supplies list for our Life Skills Program.Please be aware that there are items you will need for all classes (see below).General Supply List (for all classes)
- Binder for each subject (1.5"-2")
- Pens and Pencils
- Scientific Calculator
- 8 Tab Dividers
- Graphing Calculator (TI-84 Plus SE, TI-84 Plus, or Casio CFX-9850 Plus)
- Compass (Geometry)